Thursday, September 11, 2014

Kai is One!

Kai turned one on August 28.  We celebrated with the grandparents as Derek's dad and step mom and my mom came for a visit.  It's hard to believe that we really do have a one year old but the month has been so busy there hasn't been a lot of time for reflection on that.  (Which may or may not be a good thing.)

Derek and his dad took in the McNeese State Husker game on Saturday

Grandma JoAnn with the baby-I love Kai's expression as he looks at her

And I love Grandma JoAnn's expression in this one

Conleigh helped with the cake.  With so many birthdays in the months of July and August, I was looking for something simple and Conleigh found this idea in a coobook she checked out from the school library.

He really didn't turn the cake into a disaster.  But he did think it was yummy.

Hanging out with Grandpa Dave

Presents

1 comment:

Kathy Cassel said...

I can't believe he's one already!